You can walk across canals to various parts of the lake, and if you love boat rides, you can take one for hours across the lake. Enjoy Neera tapping and processing, coir making, fishing and other local pursuits. Try and learn climbing a coconut palm! Listen to the birds, the cows, and the music from the temples, the silence. Smell the water and humid forest. Learn about plants; learn the nuances of the fish farms. Enjoy the sunset over the lake.
- Kollam town (shopping, food & fun)
- Kollam Police Museum -SardarVallabhbhai Patel Police Museum is a museum that traces the history and growth of the police force in India. It is located just opposite the Kollam Junction Railway Station.
- Thenmala-Punalur town –Kollam District-Thenmala is the first planned eco-tourism destination in India. The Thenmala dam was built across Kallada River
- SasthamKotta -Sasthamkotta or Sasthamcotta is a village in the Kunnathoor Tehsil of Kollam district in the state of Kerala,
- Ochira -Oachira or Ochira is a small town located 32 km away from Kollam city in Kollam district in Kerala, India. It is one of the famous sacred places of Kerala and in India
- Thangasseri Beach
- Ashramam Picnic Village
- Thirumullavaram beach
- Kottukal Rock Cut Cave Temple -is a religious and scenic temple of Kollam.Due to its location and its religious significance it attract many visitors throughout the year.
Location :Kottukal Rock Cut Cave Temple is located on Thiruvananthapuram – Kottayam MC Road.
- Jatayu Rock -A huge, curiously shaped rock in Chadayamangalam village, Jatayu Para is 30 km. away from Kollam. It takes its name from the mythical bird, Jatayu
Palaruvi falls -The Palaruvi Falls is a waterfall located in Kollam district in the Indian state of Kerala. It is the 32nd highest waterfall in India.
- Varkala beach
- Shendurni Wildlife Sanctuary -Shendurney Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area in the Western Ghats, India. It is located in Kollam district, Kerala and comes under the control of Agasthyamalai Biosphere Reserve. It was established in 1984 and comprises 171 square kilometres.
- MathaAmrithanandamayi Ashram -Religious Destination Amma’s Ashram, Amritapuri, Near Police Station, Karunagapalli
Best time to visit: October to May. Can be visited throughout the year, although monsoons (Jun – Sep) can be very heavy.
Munroe Island is the myriad of canals, intricately traversing a lush landscape of about 13 sqkms. Some of these canals are so tiny that they can just fit a canoe in. Canoes and boats are ready to hire. DTPC as well as private operators conduct boat trips. Locals thrive on coir weaving, sand mining and fishing. In Munroe Island you will be in the company of birds that come from all over the world.
The Island is about 25 kms from Kollam town. Road travel is the usual way to travel, although you will have to take a ferry to get to the island. Trivandrum International Airport, about 84 km There is also a train station called Mundrothruthubut only very few trains stops.
One of the best location’s right in the God’s own country. The best thing about it its the calmness and beauty. We found nature as our best friend.Maria ThomasCanada
We had great time and enjoy a lot, we want to go again. It was my great unforgettable time at Munroe Eco Camp… I am sure you will enjoy..Clint FrancisUnited States